A serious issue in our society

My dear friends,

    Those of you who know me well, know that I don't really voice a lot of my political opinions,  I generally keep to myself my thoughts about current "hot button" issues.  However there comes a time in life when you have to take a stand. When a wrong MUST be righted, and INJUSTICE that I can no longer stand for.

  This happens every year, some years worse than others. People have some very strong opinions and things can become very volatile.. I am of course referring to GIRL SCOUT COOKIE SEASON.

Yes friends it is that time again, and you are going to be faced with the very difficult decision of WHO to buy said delectable treats from.

Did you know that 1 in 9 consumers buy their cookies from Daisy and Brownie scouts. More then 8 billion cookies will be purchased from girl scouts ages 5-6. That leaves 8 kajillion girl scouts all vying for that last one percent of cookie consumers. * (*all statistics were completely made up by me)

Did anyone ever ONCE think about the older scouts?? Sure the tiny doe eyed brownies are cute and all, but what about the Senior scouts, WHAT ABOUT THEM?? Sure they aren't tiny and cute, and it may take you ten minutes to buy a box as they respond to 15 texts from their BFF, but they need your business. Many of these girls have been pounding the cookie pavement for almost a decade, completing countless, patches, encampments, ceremonies, and awards.. These girls are every bit as GIRL SCOUTY As the tiny tots, so please for the love of thin mints, don't forget the older scouts.

Oh and on another note, Paige so happens to be a senior girl scout and will be selling cookies starting tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m.


Comments

Unknown said…
Will she be selling at store fronts? Is she going to be wearing green or brown uniform? Maybe if she wears the same skirt she did when she was 6 she'll get better business ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Because we are military wives

parental poll

Marco!!