Year in review/ New Years / the ramblings of my inner monolouge

I did not send out Christmas cards this year.  I do feel pretty badly about this, because A) 42 people sent them to me and B) I never really got feeling too Christmassy this year, and now that it's over I have regrets.  I figured I would do a year in review here, for anyone who was interested.


Now that Christmas is over and we are into the New Year, every one is making resolutions and plans for a "great" new year. Now that I have the timehop app I realize I've been in this ridiculous rut for... like... ever!  Thanks to social media I can tell you exactly what my resolutions for last year were.



Lose 100lbs

Get on top of my finances

Work out at least 4 times a week

Stop drinking soda

Be a better wife/mom/friend et al



As I sit here in my extra large pajama pants, drinking a diet coke, while avoiding answering the phone for fear of actually talking to the collectors, I realize I may have fallen just a teense short of these lofty goals.


The Eagle family review



(I don't only write to entertain, I write because I can't afford therapy)





As I look back at this year I realize it's been full of a lot of really great things. So here are some of the super awesome things that happened in 2014.



Connor found his voice and courage and spent his senior year as part of the choir. We had the opportunity to see him perform in a lot of cool things including playing the part of Firmin in Phantom of the Opera. Connor also got to do super fun things like graduating high school and starting college.





















Garrett said goodbye to the 5th grade and hello to middle school. He is also shaping up to be quite the little singer and saxophone player.


















Tanner is now in 8th grade, and pretty much the kindest soul I know. He and Garret got to go to the Reggie Bush football camp last summer. He also just spent Christmas break attending bowl games with his dad, Poinsettia and Rose. 


















Paige is a fabulous, smart, beautiful junior in high school.  Her and I were given the wonderful opportunity to go to Michigan last summer and see a lot of our extended family. She attended her first ever dance this past fall, (homecoming) Paige turned 16 this year and had a fabulous beach bonfire party with some of her favorite peoples. 
















We as a family went to comic-con last July (and hopefully will again this year) .  We spent a lot of great family time last year actually, camping, movies, board games, I really am blessed with a great little family. 














Daniel and I hit our 20 year anniversary, and I went off and turned 40. 









We've had our fair share of challenges too, at times I've let that consume me, but my goal for 2015 is to not let it. I will rise above these challenges. I'm going to work on changing the things I can change, and try to stress less about the things I can't.

In May we learned that Garrett has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. Prior to May I had never heard of this, now I am all to familiar with the evil it holds.  It's been fairly challenging, but Garrett is quite the trooper. He has missed more school than he's made this year and because of that I haven't been able to work as much as initially hoped.  On the bright side however, I've gotten to spend a whole lot of one on one time with this fabulous little human.  Toughest kid I know.

 Daniel will be retiring in the next few months, we will be moving, our lives will be changing a lot. I don't know how things will work out yet, but I am hopefully that they will. I keep hoping to find 5,000$ in a mysterious box in the attic, but that's not looking to likely.. so I'll make it work somehow, I will go forward. It's a pretty scary time and we aren't where I hoped we would be at this point in our lives, but I believe that we will get there. 





When you look at it though, The good outweighs the bad, the hope outweighs the fear and together there isn't much we can't do.


2014 also was a year of great times with amazing people. I am so grateful for my amazing friends I would be so lost without them . 





















Also collectively  in 2014 we saw A LOT of celebrities. :)

(Bonus points to the first person who can name them all)

















So here we are entering 2015. I won't make resolutions, but I will make one goal. 





I will not let 2015 beat me. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Because we are military wives

parental poll

Marco!!