Friendship

The concept of friendship is so weird. You meet someone and suddenly feel like “hey I wouldn’t kill you, if I had to be around you a lot” and boom you’re set.

Which works out great until a good portion of the people who you are certain you won’t murder suddenly live in different states...

I have a good small group of friends.

I used to think I had a lot of friends... but that was never actually the case.  There’s nothing wrong with that and I realize now that it was more me than them. I wanted so bad to have these close female friends that I was trying to squish the preverbal square peg into a round hole, and in actuality it was never a fit. Or maybe I was never a fit.

Don’t get me wrong, I still have friends who live local and if i pester  them enough we will get together, but lives are busy and I am fairly forgotten. Not trying to sound all pity party, I’m ok with how things are I do wish I had a close friend nearby that would just swing by sometimes, but that time of my life has passed. In a new phase now and I’m getting accustomed to the solitude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Because we are military wives

parental poll

Marco!!